torsdag 8. august 2013

Seated with Christ ... where?

The Bible says in Ephesians 2:6 that "... God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him ..." Who are "us"? It's you and I who are saved and have received Jesus Christ as Our Lord and Savior. We are seated with Jesus ... where? Let's look at the rest of the verse, "... in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus".
You and I are seated in the Heavenly realms!!!
What does that mean for you and me in Our daily walk here on earth? And how can I be seated in heaven when I am living here on earth?
To answer the last question first: We are more than physical beings, we are a spirit (which is born again), we have a soul (our will, emotions and thoughts, or our mental faculties), and we live in a physical body.
When I was born again, my body was the same, my feelings were the same as before initially, but my spirit was born again. And it is my spirit who is seated with Christ in the Heavenly realms.
What does this mean for my everyday life?
Many Christians live from the outside in, like all non-believers. They are dependent upon what happens to them in the Natural to determine what kind of life they are living. We, however, who are born again, should live from the inside out, meaning our spirit should be the "boss" and determine our situation, our feelings, thoughts and actions.
How can this happen? By focusing on God's Word. What the Word says, is what I should be living by. Yes, bad Things happen in the world around us, but if I keep my spiritual eyes fastened on my seating with Christ in Heavenly Places, and what the Bible says about my situation, I will become an overcomer in this life.
This is what Colossians 3:1 says, "Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God."
Set Your hearts (or think on) Things above.
Does this come easy? No. Is it possible? Yes!
Philippians 4:13 says, "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." All Things mean ALL THINGS.
If you haven't begun Your life "seated with Christ in Heavenly Places" before, start today. Ask God to help you, and you're in for an exciting and rewarding Journey here on eart.
God bless you today!

 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar